Candle Care Knowledge & Handling my Creations.
- Always burn your wick from the top, never on the side or an angle. This will ensure the dried flowers do not catch alight, and allows the most even wax pool from the start.
- Always burn your candle till it reaches the edges of your vessel on the first burn. This will effectively assist in tunnelling and help promote an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life.
- Never leave your creation burning for longer than 4hrs at a time. Doing so could burn through the fragrance load quicker. This could also be a fire hazard.
- Due to the size of the crystal I recommend removing it as soon as it safe to do so (usually within 5 minutes of the first burn). This will protect the crystal from tipping onto the wick and extinguishing the flame. Gently lift it up and wash in warm water. Lay it beside your candle to benefit from its powerful vibration. Remember to cleanse your crystal under the full moon or by using a smudging tool whenever you feel the charge is low.
- After every use, let the candle cool down to room temperature.
- In case of wick debris between burns, remove the debris once the candle cools down and trim the wick before relighting. This will encourage an even burn.
- Trim the wick between each burn or for every 2-3 hours of burn time. Try to always use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candles as this will prevent your wick from moving and wax spilling. This will also assist in maximising burn times and black smoke from the flame.
- While blackened edges are a rare occurrence in my creations, ensure that the wick is trimmed to avoid such a situation. In case of blackened edges, wait until the candle is extinguished and cooled before removing the black marks with a dry paper towel.
- Always monitor the amount of remaining wax in candle container. Once the wax falls below the half - inch mark (1.27cm), discontinue use. Following this rule can prevent heat damage to the container and surface surrounding the candle. All my glassware is tempered and durable.
- Follow the instructions below to reuse/recycle the vessel after the candle burns out entirely.
- Tip the small excess of candle oil from the vessel into a small jug of water, set aside.
- Wipe the inside of the vessel with paper towel and place the vessel into the sink.
- Use warm/hot soapy water to fill the vessel up, gently remove the wick and wash the vessel until all the candle wax has been removed.
- Your vessel will be ready for its next home. The jug of water with the oil can be recycled through your garden (All ingredients are bio-degradable and ethically sourced).Never pour wax oil down a drain.
- I source my crystals through ethical and sustainable channels. please note that every stone is a different weight and clarity and this is the true beauty of crystals. No two could ever be identical. All crystals are cleansed upon receiving before storing them and re-cleansed once the cre8tion is ready to be packed and shipped out to you.
- All creations are made to order (unless stated otherwise). For this reason, I suggest you enjoy the candle’s cold throw for a minimum of two weeks prior to lighting her and basking in her heat throw.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact me via social media or at firstname.lastname@example.org